How does pollution impact on people`s lives?
- Breathing air pollution in Cairo is the equivalent of smoking 20 cigarettes a day.
- Water pollution causes up to 14,000 deaths a day.
- There are over 400 polluted locations considered high-risk worldwide than affect more than 100 million people.
- 60% of acute respiratory infections can be linked to environmental factors and kill 2 million children every year.
- A recent study found that 40% of worldwide deaths were caused by water, air and soil pollution.
Post a Comment